Spinach Stuffed Shells
- 32 jumbo pasta shells (I used one box)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese (15 oz)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Any other spices/herbs to taste (I added oregano and some italian seasoning)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, gently place pasta shells in boiling water; bring water back to boil. Cook until noodles are just tender; drain well.
- Squeeze spinach dry. Combine spinach, ricotta, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, basil and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper; mix well.
- Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce evenly over the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Fill each pasta shell with the spinach cheese mixture. Arrange the shells, filling side up in the baking dish. Spoon remaining marinara sauce over the shells. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top of the shells.
- Cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven until heated through; about 30 minutes.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! It also does really well as leftovers and I'm sure you could even freeze it if you wanted!