I have been thinking about this recipe for the past two weeks, so I pulled this one from my archives.
Y'all gotta try these.
I've made a handful of different types of pumpkin muffins, and these are BY FAR my all-time favorite. So, be sure to hop in the kitchen ASAP!!!
with brown sugar filling and cinnamon streusal topping
Recipe from here.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg*
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Filling:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cup oats
1 tablespoon flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two muffin tins with paper liners or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, water, pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth and combined.
4. Slowly stir in the flour mixture. Mix until ingredients are combined.
5. For the brown sugar cinnamon filling: in a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together. Set aside.
6. For the streusel topping: in a small bowl mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix in the butter with your hands until the mixture is crumbly.
7. Fill muffin cups half way full with the pumpkin batter. Sprinkle the brown sugar cinnamon filling over each half filled muffin cup. Fill the muffins cups with the remaining batter. Top each muffin with streusel topping.
8. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove pans from oven and cool on a wire rack. Remove muffins from tins and enjoy.
I promise, you will eat more than one. Or three.
Enjoy your weekend!!
My to do list for the weekend? Garage sale-ing, thrifting, and hopefully lots of DIY projects and crafts! Come Monday, I'll have some great things to share!! (I HOPE!!)