Is it really August? I mean..it was just MARCH. Where did the summer go? Before I know it, winter will be here.
So...I have been busy making some adorable baby "items" for my bestie, Holli, who is due to have a little girl in December. I can't wait to share the goodies, but I have to wait until she gets them in the mail before I post them on here!!!
Other than that, life around here has consisted of a little traveling, grilling, and going to the pool. It's been nice being unemployed, but I am READY to start my career. I had an interview today and they called me back for a 2nd one tomorrow-keep me in your prayers! I'm thinking this could be a great job for me.
Want to know some random tidbits about life lately? I'm sure you do.
1. We had our friend, Brian, over for a few nights. I am pretty sure hubby and him are going to best buds forever.
2. Yesterday, my bestie Rachel and I went to our Alma Mater (Appalachian State) for the day. It was a long drive (3 hrs each way) but it was well worth it. We got to see a couple great friends and it made me so sad to realize that I am an alumni! I know it's been over a year, but it seems like I should still be in college. Sometimes I long for the simplicity of college life. The only thing I worried about was an upcoming test....not bills, jobs, marriage, more bills, etc. But I love being married, so I guess it works out. :)
3. I love going to the Farmer's Market. We go once or twice a week and tonight for dinner, we grilled some fresh sweet corn on the cob. It was delish.
4. We've gone over a month without TV..it hasn't been hard, but I am excited to catch up on House Hunters, Extreme Home Makeover..anything HGTV. LOVE that channel.
5. Check out these gorgeous flowers from the market. At $5 a bouquet, it doesn't get much better than this:
7. Hubby's law school starts in less than two weeks! He is super nervous, but I know he will do AMAZING.
8. We are heading to the beach on SATURDAY. I seriously CANNOT wait. OMG. I am so excited.
9. I love my furry children. Check out this chunker-I have put him on a diet...for real.
Time for me to get to bed- I will update about the job soon!