Come on, you know you wanna! :)
On another note...
I received the "Stylish Blogger Award" from my friend, Lauren @ West Furniture Revival and I was SOOO excited! It's my first award-WHOO HOO!! Y'all, please head on over to her blog and read all the AWESOME stuff she does. She has so many beautiful furniture re do's and I spent like an hour the other day reading about them. She is one talented lady, let me tell ya! Thanks Lauren!
To accept this award you have to follow these 4 rules:
1) Thank and link back to the blogger who
awarded you with the award
2) Share 7 Things about yourself
3) Award 8 recently discovered great bloggers
4) Contact the bloggers and inform them of the award
Alright, so here are 7 things about myself:
1. When I was in 4th grade, I was playing "tag" with my cousin. We were at the baseball park because my older brother had a game. Well, I really didn't want to be "it" so I climbed the fence to try and escape my cousin who was about to tag me. I was at the top of the 8 foot fence, and fell off. ON my head. and ended up breaking both of my arms. haha! Here is a picture of me:
Yep, that's me...with the HUGE straight across bangs and a shirt that is three sizes too big for me...I'm cute, huh?
2. I got engaged on the top of a mountain in North Carolina. It really was the best day ever (besides my wedding day) and I had NO clue it was coming which made it even better. Here is where I got engaged:
Right smack on the top of that rock! We had a picnic (one of our FAVORITE things to do together) and then he popped the question and gave me his grandmother's ring that was custom made in 1924. It was a very special day.
3. I love cats. i mean, i...LOVE cats. I have always been that way and got my first cat on my first day of kindergarten. There has never been a day I've not had one. I even have a collection of cat figurines (from Jim Shore) that my grandmother started for me when I was little. I've since stopped collecting them because I have no place to keep them (I have around 20), but I think one day I'll be glad I have them.
4. Pickles and chocolate are my favorite food and they are also very healthy for me (not!). For Christmas my husband bought me a five gallon bucket of pickles from Chick-fil-a. I've gone through about half the bucket so far...still have some work to do!
5. I haven't left my toenails unpainted in YEARS. If they start chipping, I will repaint them. For some odd reason, if I see my toenails without polish on them, I feel really weird and so that's why I never leave them "naked".
6. Before I went to college in 2006, I have NEVER eaten cereal with milk in it (i used to eat it dry), guacemole, sour cream, peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches, or spaghetti with sauce (i used to just eat the noodles)...can you say PICKY EATER? Goodness, I never realized I was that picky until I asked my mom one day "Mom, why didn't you ever feed me PB&J's?" and she just laughed and said "Kait, I TRIED and TRIED but you'd never eat them." Whoops! I hope my children are not going to be a picky as I was.
7. I passed out when I got my ears pierced. I was 15 years old and had to lay down on the floor of the ear piercing store! Let's just say, I hate needles..with a passion. and my dad is a doctor. Go figure.
And now I'd like to pass this award on to these lovely ladies:
1. Halley @ Little Bit of Life with HK
2. Holli @ The Life of a Coach's Wife
3. Sarah @ A Southern Breeze A Blowin'
4. Rachel @Sun Scholars
5. Emily @ La Force Be With You
6. Fonda @ Southern Scraps
7.Theresa @ All is Well
8.Malory @ Snips and Spice
You gotta go read these blogs, you won't be disappointed.
I am almost done with a Pottery Barn knock-off I've been working on! Just gotta let it dry and then I'm gonna share! Can't wait!!!
Hope you're having a WONDERFUL and relaxing Saturday!